The Makepython Lora transceivers feature the LoRaTM long range modem that provides ultra-long range spread spectrum communication and high interference immunity
whilst minimising current consumption.
The Makepython Lora offers bandwidth options ranging from 7.8125kHz to 500 kHz with spreading factors ranging from 6 to 12, there are three choice of the working frequency.
|Item||Lora Module||Working frequency|
|MakePython Lora 433M||RFM98W-433MHz||433MHz|
|MakePython Lora 868M||RFM98W-868MHz||868MHz|
|MakePython Lora 915M||RFM98W-915MHz||915MHz|
The routine uses MicroPython for programming, and two Lora gateways are used for long-distance communication in the complex environment of the city. The actual test distance reaches 2.8 kilometers. If the interference is small in the suburbs, the distance will be farther.
You can get ESP32 from here: Makepython ESP32
1. Plug the antenna and MakePython ESP32 into MakePython Lora, assemble into Lora Gateway, and connect the USB cable.
2. Download the code from here: Code_433M. (Note: Please select different files for downloading Lora modules in different frequency bands)
3. Upload all the xxx.py files in the Code_433M file to two ESP32 Lora Gateeay.
4.After the upload is successful, press the MakePython ESP32 reset button.
Two people are measuring in a city with a complex environment:
The test distance is 2.8 kilometers, if you go to the suburbs, the distance will be farther.
Note: If you purchased it before December 2020, you need to weld two 0Ω resistors at R6, R9. Purchases made after December 2020 are not required.
- Prepare the Makepython ESP32 module.
- You can get the code from here: Github.
- Install the ESP32 Board on the Arduino IDE.(link to the installation tutorial)
- Install RadioLib.h library.
- Defines the frequency of the Lora module in the code transmit.ino.
- Upload the code transmit.ino to the MakePython ESP32 module.
- Assemble Makepython ESP32 module and the Makepython Lora, and power on.
- The Lora module sends a message "Hello World" loop to the nearby same band module.
- Similarly, when the ESP32 module is uploaded code receive.ino, it receives messages from nearby modules in the same band.
You can list your questions here or contact with firstname.lastname@example.org for technology support.